Monday, October 24, 2016

An Amish Family Christmas (The Charmed Amish Life #4)An Amish Family Christmas by Shelley Shepard Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

An Amish Family Christmas is the last book in The Charmed Amish Life. I think this one may have been my favorite of the four. This one focuses on Levi Kingsinger. He was the brother who escaped to Pinecraft Florida after the tragic fire that claimed the life of his father. He's back in Charm and living in a rundown neighborhood on Juniper Street. He meets Julia, a woman with a young child who has secrets. We learn in the first chapter that Julia is an unwed mother who has escaped an abusive fiance. I liked this part of the story that it portrays the Amish as real people who make mistakes and has the same problems as non Amish.

Another thing I enjoyed about this story is the back story around Tess. Tess is Simon's sister who we met in the previous book. Simon and Tess continue to reconnect in this book. Tess leaves her job and sets up a refuge in Charm for abused women and children. I love it that in this book Tess even found love. Enough on that. You will have to read to find out.

Overall, I was satisfied with this series and the ending. I'm looking forward to reading Shelley's next series which is the Amish of Hart County. There is a preview ate the end of this book and it looks like there will be a stalker in the next book!




View all my reviews

No comments: