Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Guide Me HomeGuide Me Home by Kim Vogel Sawyer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I did not enjoy this one as much as some of her other works but it was still a good read. I really admired Rebekah Hardin's work ethic and wanting to help out her family as much as possible. Living near Mammoth Cave in Kentucky she goes to work there as a guide. At first she dresses like a boy in order to get a job there but she does not fool the main man who does the tours, a kind older black man who lets her keep working anyway. She meets Devlin Bale, a college student who comes to map the caves. He was in a different social class than her and I was wondering how they could ever work out.
Growing up in Nashville, Tennessee I have visited Mammoth Cave a couple of times so this story was enjoyable to read.



View all my reviews

No comments: