Tuesday, October 4, 2016

ResolutionsResolutions by Jenn Faulk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved this book! Emily and her family kept me laughing but then of course there were some sad moments in the book particularly when a family member starting getting dementia. Emily and her two best friends Sara and Melissa got together and made these New Years resolutions. I can't remember them all but one was to improve their health by doing something physical, travel someplace exotic, and do something to improve their house or apartment. Emily decided to take up running as a part of her resolution to improve her health. On her runs she develops a friendship with a bi-vocational pastor. To amp up her love life she thinks she is suppose to pursue the associate pastor at her church but they don't really have any electricity going on there.

I love Jenn Faulks books in that she adds quite a bit of humor in there. I like it that she writes the stories in a way that you can connect to the characters. I like it that the characters are deeply grounded in their faith but yet they are normal people. They are not perfect and suffer the same kinds of temptations we do. I like it that her characters that eventually fall in loved develop a best friend relationship first. I like Jenn Faulk books and hope to read more. This was the fourth one that I have read but I hope to read more.



View all my reviews

No comments: