Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Taylor Lynne (The Women of Merryton, #2)Taylor Lynne by Jennifer Peel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Taylor Lynne is book 2 in The Women of Merryton series. I had read the first book but I think I enjoyed this one better. I enjoyed re-visitng all the women of Merryton especially Jessie Belle. It was great to get caught up with what was happening in their lives. And that Cheyenne is a hoot. She kept me laughing. I hope Cheyenne finds love and gets her own story.

Taylor and Easton had once been married and had a daughter together. Taylor had left Merryton because she thought he was having an affair with his nurse. He loves her but does not fight the divorce and makes a mistake in marrying the woman he was having an emotional affair with later divorcing the second one years later but not before producing a child in the second marriage. Taylor moves back to town to that her daughter can get to know her father better. The second wife was a horrible person and stood in the way of Easton having a relationship with his daughter or even members of his family.

I loved the relationship between the two half-sisters. It was so natural and loving. Taylor's daughter was so sweet and mature. The younger daughter had emotional baggage having been damaged by biological mother who did not really love her. I love how Taylor loved Eaton's other child and treated her with kindness and love even though the child was the offspring of the woman who broke up her marriage.

I loved it that Easton realized the errors of his ways in not treating his wife the way he should have when they were first married. I love it that he pursued her but I also loved it that she did not give in easily.

Themes in this book were forgiveness. Taylor had to forgive her abusive father, her ex-husband Easton and finally herself. This was not easy for her to do. Forgiveness is not easy but it is healing.





View all my reviews

No comments: