Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Perfectly PretendPerfectly Pretend by Jenn Faulk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


We first met Craig Lucas in "Home to You" which was Faith Hayes's story. In that story Faith dumps her fiance Craig when she discovers that she still has feelings for Sam Huntington. This story centers on Hope Conner. We've already met some of her siblings in a previous book. I liked the character of Hope a lot better than Faith. She was a better fit for Craig than Faith ever was. I didn't like Craig in "Home to You". I thought he acted juvenile about the split. In "Perfectly Pretend" we get a glimpse of what made him the way he is and I was a lot more sympathetic toward him when I learned about his background. He felt like he was a loser but Hope continually was building him up. I really liked Hope and could not find much to fault with her character. I loved the tension in the book with them pretending to be engaged and their growing feelings toward each other. I'm looking forward to reading some of the other books Jenn has written that center on the other Lucas brothers. I really do enjoy Jenn's writings.










View all my reviews

No comments: