Thursday, October 20, 2016

Two by TwoTwo by Two by Nicholas Sparks

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Not one of Spark's best books

Please don't judge the rest of the books Nicholas Sparks has written by this one. Much of the book is depressing. I loved the relationship the main character had with his daughter and the relationship he had with his sister. Up until his daughter was six his wife Vivian was a stay-at-home mom. Then she decides to go to work and then proceeds to treat Russ like crap. She was a self-centered shoppaholic woman. Russ was left with the child while she worked on her career. Nothing he did was good enough for her. She was critical of everything she did. Despite she did to him he wanted the marriage to work. She worked in PR for a billionaire. It was not a shocker when it was later revealed that she was having an affair with the billionaire. There were other things in the book that will move the reader to tears but I've said enough already so I won't reveal. Another thing that bothered me about the book was the characters had a low opinion of God and the church. I do appreciate the language was mainly clean. Not many sexual situations either but they did exist.

I have read reviews that many people have regretted spending money on this book. I'm happy that I did not. I was able to read a download from Overdrive.




View all my reviews

No comments: