Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stay With MeStay With Me by Carolyn Astfalk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I loved the characters in this book. Well most of them. I didn't care for her overbearing abusive father who never changed even at the end of the book. The author did a good job of making the reader despise him.

I loved Rebecca and Chris. They were from completely different religious backgrounds but fell in love anyway. Both were devoted Christians but Rebecca has some baggage due to her abusive father. Chris is a new Christian who loves the Lord and wants his family to know the love of Christ too but he doesn't push. Even though Chris and Rebecca love the Lord they are not immune to sin but they are repentent. I loved Father John. He was so wise and gave Chris godly advice.

I enjoyed this book even though I am a Christian Protestant and Chris is a Christian Catholic and would desire for his wife to share the same faith.

One thing that bothered me in this book was Rebecca's sister, Abby. Abby had no filter on her mouth and some of the things that came out of her mouth was just not appropriate. Not swear words or anything but just inappropriate comments. Another thing that may possibly bother some people is the use of alcohol.




View all my reviews

No comments: