Saturday, February 13, 2016

Fair Play (It Happened at the Fair, #2)Fair Play by Deeanne Gist

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


It was an okay book. I have loved Deeanne Gist's books in the past but not a fan of this one. Billy, the lady doctor was very unlikeable for the majority of the book. She always thought she was right, wanted her own way and very resistant to Hunter's protection. It was not until the last 10 percent of the book that I began to like her some. I liked Hunter from the get go. Who wouldn't like a man like Hunter?

Some reviewers were uncomfortable with Billy as a doctor doing physical exams. There was one scene at the beginning where she was examining a male patient and I won't go into details as I hate to spoil it. If you want details you can read other reviewers take on this. I didn't think the scene was in bad tastes. For goodness sake the woman was a doctor. She had no sexual feelings at the time with her patient. I do think the author devoted a little too much dialogue in that scene but that is just my opinion. Overall I think this is a very clean novel. Even the wedding night scene in the book was squeaky clean.




View all my reviews

No comments: