Friday, July 27, 2012

Shattered Silence: Men of the Texas Rangers Series #2 by Margaret Daley

Illegal aliens are being targeted by a serial killer.  The first victim was a pregnant Hispanic woman.  Maria a young child was a witness to this but the killer at the time did not know the child was in the abandoned house.  Liliana Rodriguez, a police officer and Cody Jackson a Texas Ranger band together to try to solve this mystery.  Each have their own set of problems.  Cody Jackson is raising his son after his ex-wife died.  He's trying to undo all the damage that his bigoted ex wife's husband inflicted on his son.  Liliana has her own set of problems.  She grew up in an abusive household.  Her mother never would leave the abusive husband.  Liliana's sister Eleana is repeating the same cycle were her own marriage to an abusive man.

To be honest I did not like this book as much as I liked the first book in the series.  Too much police work and at times I got confused at all the suspects in the story. I think the chemistry between Liliana and Cody was a bit lacking but that's just my opinion.  I think the storyline of the abuse that went on in her sister's marriage was written well.  I got really frustrated with the sister for putting up with her abusive marriage.  I hope the message gets across to the reader that there are options.  You don't have to stay in an abusive relationship.  There are people and services to help you.  I hope the message gets across to break the cycle.

This book is due to be released in September 2012.  Thanks for Netgalley and Abingdon Press for providing me with this ebook to review.

No comments: