Sunday, July 8, 2012

Downfall by Terri Blackstock

I have read all books in the Intervention series and this one is the best yet. It may even be the best Terri Blackstock novel I have read. It grabs you from the first page and you can't let go. Don't begin this book at night because you won't want to put it down until you finish. The book begins by the villian putting a car bomb until Emily's car. It is only by her brother noticing that her car is on fire that Emily escapes injury. I figured out who the bad guy was about halfway through the book. I've been reading suspense/mystery books since I was in elementary school so I've learned to figure things out. Even though I was able to ascertain who the bad guy was it still kept me in suspense not knowing what he was going to do next or who he was going to murder next. I loved all the characters. Emily was a hardcore addict two years ago and is recovering nicely even though she is tempted once. She still has not earned the trust of her mother, Barbara. Barbara frustated me many times in the book. She was so paranoid about everything. Barbara's boyfriend, Kent Harlan was a wonderful and patient man with Barbara. Barbara at times could not face the fact that Kent was a policeman and had to uphold the law. She wanted her own way. Barbara's son and Emily's little brother is the ultimate protector of women. He wants to date April and protect April even though he knows April likes to hang out with bad boys.

You will not regret spending your time reading this book. Her best yet!

No comments: