Thursday, July 26, 2012

A Plain Death by Amanda Flower

I am so excited to discover Amanda Flower. Mystery/suspense is my favorite genre to read. I am always trying out new authors. Some I like and some not so much. I am so glad I tried out Amanda Flowers. I enjoyed this story. I loved the Troyer family and really loved Grandpa Zook. Who wouldn't love to have a grandpa like him? I loved the way the mystery unfolded. Chloe Humphrey is new in town with a job as a computer technology expert at the local college. Chloe is alone in the world. Her father has remarried to a stepmother who is hostile to her. Her foster family that she adores has moved to Italy. On her way to her new job she picks up an Amish girl who is being harassed by some thugs in a green pickup truck. Turns out the Amish girl Becky Troyer has decided to leave home because she feels she cannot pursue her love of art if she stays. Through Becky Chloe is introduced to Becky's handsome brother Timothy who leave the Amish some time before. Timothy is protective of his sister and wants her to return home but his sister is adamant on staying. Chloe reluctantly allows Becky to stay with her for the time being. One day Becky borrows Chloe's car and is involved in an accident which unfortunately kills Bishop Glick. After some investigation it is learned that the brakes were cut on the vehicle. Chloe and Timothy investigate to try to solve this mystery.

In this book you will love some of the characters like members of the Troyer family and despise others like the thugs in the green truck, one of Chloe's co-workers and even some of the Amish people. It's a real page turner to see who is behind this mystery. I can't wait until the next book is released in February 2013,A Plain Scandal: An Appleseed Creek Mystery

No comments: