Thursday, May 26, 2016

Driftwood Lane Driftwood Lane by Denise Hunter

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Driftwood Lane is part of the Nantucket series but in actuality is a stand alone book. With most series you have some connection between the books. A character that is introduced in the previous book is featured in the next book. Not so with this series. The only thing they had in common was they lived in Nantucket. Nobody knew each other from the previous books. Of the four books this one had to be my favorite. Meridith Ward is put in charge of her three half-siblings that she has never met after the parents die in a boating accident. She also is left the run down bread and breakfast inn. There is an uncle, her step mother's brother but he is no where to find. He's a free spirit that travels the country on a motorcycle. She plans to turn the kids over to the uncle if he ever shows up but he does but he tells the children not to let Meridith know he is around. He thinks she is bi-polar and sticks around managing to secure a job as a contract to do the needed repairs on the bread and breakfast. I thought the kids were disrespectful to her particularly the oldest, a girl but it was understandable since the pain of losing their parents was fresh. I liked it that Meridith was patient with the kids. She sacrificed a lot for those kids giving up a well-paying job to care for them. The first 65 to 70 percent of the book I did not like Jake. I thought it was wrong of him to get the kids to lie and I thought he came off as arrogant but I grew to love him and was rooting for him and Meridith to get together.

This was an enjoyable read. You won't regret reading this one.



View all my reviews

No comments: