Monday, May 16, 2016

A Cowboy's Touch (A Big Sky Romance #1)A Cowboy's Touch by Denise Hunter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I liked the story a lot at the beginning. Abigail goes to a small town in Montana on doctor's orders (her sister) and her mother to ease health problems. She stays were her eccentric great aunt Lucy. While there she befriends a motherless little girl who does not get much attention from her father. She helps Maddie, the little girl with things a mommy should do and eventually becomes the little girl's nanny for the summer. The love interest Wade who is the girl's father was not even introduced until way into the book and then I didn't feel the chemistry was there. His character was rather flat. I lost respect for Abigail when she was willing with pressure from her own mother to betray Wade with an article about his past.

The romance could have been developed more by introducing Wade earlier. I did not give up on this series and went on to read the next two in the series which were way better.




View all my reviews

No comments: