Sunday, February 24, 2019

The Secret Life of Sarah HollenbeckThe Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I first started reading this book I can't honestly say I loved the book. I liked it but did not love the book but that changed about 60 percent into the book. Characters were well-developed. I loved her best friend Piper, the one who lead her to Christ and the one who was not afraid to speak the truth to her. I liked Ben, her pastor boyfriend. Even after he learned about her past and her career as a smutty romance writer he still accepted her as she was. Of course the smutty romance writing was before she became a Christian. After becoming a Christian she regretted writing things that were not glorifying to God.

The main problem that I had with this book is that only two days after she becomes a Christian and the first time she even attends church it is love at first sight for her and pastor Ben. I don't think baby Christians should jump into relationships so quickly. They need time to grow and mature a little in their Christian walk. Other than the instant love this was a good book.


View all my reviews

No comments: