Saturday, August 6, 2016

Just a Kiss by Denise Hunter

Just a Kiss is third in the Summer Harbor series featuring the Callahan brothers. I feel in love with Riley when he was introduced in the first book. I wanted to see him have his happy ending and I was not disappointed. When we first meet Riley in book 1 he was in love with his best friend Paige but Paige was dating his oldest brother at the time. Heartsick he enrolls in the army. In this book he returns home from Afghanistan after suffering a serious injury. He had lost part of his right leg. He does not want to but has no other choice but to stay at Paige's home because hers was the only one that was handicap accessible. After his brother had broken up with Paige and hooked up with another gal he had intending to pursue Paige but the loss of the limb made him feel like less of a man. I think the author did an excellent job of portraying how someone would feel losing a limb.

Paige still regards him as her best friend but 40 percent into the book her feelings begin to change. She only confided in Lucy and Eden about her growing feelings. He loved her but she did not know and and she loved him but he did not know it. This kept me in suspense on wondering who would be the one to make the first move toward getting together.

I believe this last story has to be my favorite of all the three but I enjoyed them all. A little sad that this is the last we will hear from the Callahan clan. I'm looking forward to reading any future books Denise will write. I'm sure they will be good. She writes likeable characters.

Thanks to Netgalley and Thomas Nelson for providing me an ARC for me to read and review. This book is due to be released on September 6, 2016.

No comments: