Saturday, July 1, 2017

His Guilt (The Amish of Hart County #2)His Guilt by Shelley Shepard Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

His Guilt which was book 2 in The Amish of Hart County was even better than the first book. Even though it is part of a series it can very easily be read as a stand alone book. I loved the characters of Mark and Vaneta and how they grew in this series. And I loved all the secondary characters in this book such as Henry, Vanetta and Mark's boss who gave Mark a job when nobody else in that community still looked at Mark with distrust. Love the loving support of Vaneta's parents. At first like others in the community they looked at Mark with distrust but decided to trust him after listening to a sermon by their preacher.

There is a mystery backstory. Women are being attacked in the community and all eyes point to Mark. Vaneta and Henry believe in his innocence but does anybody else? There was a possibility of two different people who could have been the attacker and I was happy at the one it turned out to be. I'm looking forward to reading more books in this series.


View all my reviews

No comments: