Sunday, July 2, 2017

Christmas at Carnton by Tamera Alexander

Christmas at Carnton is a prequel to Tamera Alexander's Carnton series which will start being released in 2018. I love her series of historical books set in middle Tennessee which is where I was born and raised. I've been to several historical sites in Tennessee but Carnton is not one of them. After reading this prequel I have decided this is one of the sites I would like to visit.

In this book Aleta is a fresh widow with a young son and a baby on the way. You feel her heartbreak as she is about to lose her home. You really do feel the heartbreak when other women in the story get the heartbreaking news that their husbands perished in this terrible war. I loved the character of Jake. Only thing that bothered me in this book was that the romance was a little too soon after getting the news that her husband was killed. 

I am grateful that the author stuck to the historical facts and did not try to be politically correct as some authors try to do these days when writing books. 

I'm looking forward to reading more books in this series. Christmas at Carnton will be released on October 3, 2017. Thanks to Netgalley and the Thomas Nelson Company for providing me a digital copy of this book to read and review

No comments: