Saturday, May 6, 2017

Dark Deception by Nancy Mehl

Dark Deception is Book 2 in the Defenders of Justice series.  Kate O'Brien had experienced something horrific in her life four years earlier and she was the only survivor. She has to live in a small town under an assumed name in order to protect her while the criminal is brought to justice. She has already sat through two trials.  Something happens and her quiet life in the small town is about to end. Tony DeLuca will have to do everything in his power to protect her against the evil.

I liked the characters. I thought Kate was strong even though she had been through a lot.  This story had lots of twists and turns in the story that kept me turning pages.  I had to pay close attention because there were numerous characters that I had to keep straight in order to follow the story.  I have to admit I had a tiny inkling of who the major villains but that was only because mystery/suspense is my favorite genre to read and I have gotten pretty good at detecting who the villains are.

Thanks to Netgalley and Bethany Publishers for providing me a digital copy of this book to read and review.  Dark Deception will be released on July 6, 2017.

No comments: