Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Bridge Across the OceanA Bridge Across the Ocean by Susan Meissner
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Susan Meissner has perfected the art of writing dual timeline stories. A Bridge Across the Ocean involves post war 1946 and the present day and involves three women. The two women in the 1946 timeline are Annaliese and Simone and Brette is in the modern timeline. Brette's viewpoint involves ghosts called drifters but don't let the paranormal aspect of this story scare you off. It's only one minor aspect of the story and not the whole. I loved the strength of the women involved particular the women in the post war story. They suffered hardships no woman should have to go through but came out strong.

Even though the story involved three women and would jump around from one woman to another I did not find it difficult to keep up at all. I got so absorbed that I could not put this book down. I must offer a warning. There is a brutal rape scene that may be difficult for some to read. Also one character's harsh treatment by her cruel husband may be difficult for some people.

This book had lots of surprises in it. Just when you thought the story was headed one direction you are quickly surprised. I was pleased with how it ended.


View all my reviews

No comments: