Wednesday, May 10, 2017

A Matter of Trust by Susan May Warren

A Matter of Trust by Susan May Warren started out slowly but quickly gained momentum like a snowball on that mountain. It got to the point that I was quickly turning pages to see what would happen next. There were many intense moments when lives were in danger. This book focuses on Gage Watson and a new girl the reader has not been introduced to yet. Ella and Gage know each other. They have history and Gage still harbors hard feelings for what he thought was a betrayal from her. Gage has to get over the past temporarily in order to help her in a desperate situation. What follows is a roller coaster of events. I could not stop reading and stayed up late to finish this book.

This is the fourth book in the series, not counting the prequel. I don't know if he is my favorite hero or not. They are all good but I think he is the best looking of the bunch and I'm the type of gal who usually doesn't like long hair on a man but he does it well.

I loved the love story that slowly unfolded. It was not too rushed so therefore believable. We were also introduced to Ella's friend Brett. Now there is something mysterious about her. She is probably hiding a secret of some sort but it was not revealed to us in this book. Maybe we will find out in a future book? Maybe the next book? I certainly hope so. I am really enjoying this series. I loved the Christensen series but I do believe I like this series better. I can't wait until the next book, Troubled Waters which is due to be released either in 2017 or early 2018.

I was provided a copy of this book to read and review by the author, Susan May Warren and the published Revell, a division of Baker Books. This book is due to be released on July 4, 2017.

No comments: