Saturday, February 19, 2022

The View from Coral Cove by Amy Clipson

 

I practically read the whole book in one day. It was so good that I could not put it down. I have read that Amy Clipson ususally writes Amish fiction but I read very little of Amish fiction and have read none of her Amish fiction. I did read her last contemporary novel and enjoyed it but I think this one is a little better. All the characters and critters were likeable in this book except Maya's ex boyfriend Kyle and he was a first class jerk. The little girl Ashlyn was just adorable. She and a frisky kitten were responsible for Brody getting introduced to Maya. Maya took an instant liking to the little girl and she loved Maya. I did get frustrated with Brody the majority of the book. He was hurt in the past by a girlfriend so was gun shy in committing to a relationship with Maya. He wanted to take things too slow. He was that afraid of getting hurt again.

I really did like this book and hope Amy Clipson continues to write contemporary romance novels.
"Thanks to Netgalley and Thomas Nelson for providing me a digital copy of this book to read and review. All opinions are my own.

No comments: