Thursday, May 2, 2019

The Patient One (Walnut Creek, #1)The Patient One by Shelley Shepard Gray
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Patient One is the first full book in the Walnut Creek series. There was a novella before this one where we got a brief introduction to the "Eight". The eight were a group of friends who were a mixture of Amish, English and Mennonite. In this book the eight are reeling from the suicide of Andy who was one of the eight. This book focuses the romance of John and Marie, two of the eight. They grow closes but things are complicated because Marie is English and John is Amish, although not baptized yet. I loved that way John's family was supportive of him. John struggled with joining the Amish church or "jumping the fence". I especially liked his little sister Molly who was in a wheelchair due to falling from a horse at age 9. She has such a wonderful outlook on life. She did not feel sorry for herself but got frustrated that her family was over protective of her. I look forward to reading the rest of the series. I'm hoping Katie's story is next.


View all my reviews

No comments: