Friday, March 1, 2019

Freedom's Kiss (Carrington Family #3)Freedom's Kiss by Sarah Monzon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Adam Carrington is the lawyer of the Carrington family and he was successful but one case that he handled has him doubting that he should practice law so he buys a food truck. He hires Olivia Arroyo, a young woman who desires to be a professional chef. Olivia loves her family and wants to surprise her mother who has an interest in genealogy. Olivia wants to do one of those DNA tests to surprise her mother. When she gets the results Olivia is shocked by the results and questions everything her parents have told her growing up. I loved how Adam supported her in her search to find out about her past. There is also a dual timeline story about a young slave girl who escapes the plantation with her family. They escape to Florida and live among the native people there. There are surprises along the way. I love how the modern and the past story were tied in together at the end. One of the reasons I enjoyed this story so much was Olivia doing the DNA test. I had mine done last year and it is so interesting to trace one's roots this way.

I am looking forward to reading Amber story which I hope will be released soon. I can't wait. I have enjoyed the Carrington family and their adventures.


View all my reviews

No comments: