Friday, April 13, 2018

Ella: An Amish Retelling of Cinderella by Sarah Price

When I read the last Amish retelling of a fairy tale by this author I knew I had to read all the books in the series. When Ella: An Amish Retelling of Cinderella became available on Netgalley I immediately requested. I was able to read in two sessions and stayed up after midnight finishing this book. The author did an excellent job of converting the classic tale of Cinderella into an Amish novel. She did an excellent job of portraying the step-mother and step-sisters as abusive. The step-mother made Ella do all the work, never let her socialize and put her daughters before Ella. Ella was way too kind and were never say a word against them. They did everything they could to sabotage the friendship of Hannes and Ella. Linda the step-mother wanted her daughters to capture the attention of Hannes. Then there is the kindly Marian. She plays the part of the fairy godmother. I don't want to give too much of the storyline away but I guarantee you will enjoy it even if you don't enjoy Amish fiction. There is even a twist toward the end. The comeuppance that the step-family received was priceless.

I received this ebook thanks to Kensington Books and Netgalley. The opinions are all my own and I received no compensation for reviewing this book. This book is due to be released on May 29, 2018.

No comments: