Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Because Your're Mine by Colleen Coble

Because Your Mine is another winner by Colleen Coble. I think it may even be the best one yet written by her. It sort of has that gothic flair that you see in books by Phyllis Whitley and Victoria Holt. You have the run down mansion, secrets of people in the mansion, a dangerous swamp inhabited by alligators, crazy people and a marriage of convenience.

Allana is in a Celtic band and she loses her husband in a horrific accident. A friend, Jesse was in accident but survives despite disfiguring facial injuries.  Alana is carrying her husband's child but is forced into a marriage of convenience with a man she does not love in order to keep her father-in-law from getting custody of her baby once the baby is born.



It does not take long to realize who the evil people are. I guessed fairly early but what I did not guess what the string of events that took place in the story. I love twists and turns in a novel and Colleen Coble does this well. I don't know if this book is part of a series or not but I look forward to reading more if there are. This book kept me up about two hours past my bedtime reading. I had to know the end. I must say I was pleased with the ending.

Thanks to Thomas Nelson and Netgalley for providing me a digital copy of this book to review. This book will be released on January 10, 2017. Already I'm hoping that there will be more sequels.

No comments: