Monday, December 5, 2016

The Mark of the KingThe Mark of the King by Jocelyn Green
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Julianne Chevalier is a midwife in France. When a woman tragically dies in childbirth Julianne is blamed for the woman's death and is thrown in prison. She receives a reprieve from prison but it comes with conditions. She will be forced to leave France and travel to New Orleans. One of the conditions for being able to travel to New Orleans is that she marry a complete stranger and immediately start procreating. She picks out Simon. If Julianne thought she would be escaping her troubles in France she would be wrong. Many trials ahead for her.

I did not know very much about the history of Louisiana even though I have lived here since marrying my husband. I suppose had I grown up here I would have learned all about the history. The author does a very excellent job of educating the reader on historical facts that happened.

The storyline kept me engaged. I loved it that there were twists and turns in the story that I did not expect. This is the first book I have read by this author but look forward to reading more of her works.

This book is to be released on January 3, 2017. Thanks to Bethany House and LibraryThing for providing me a copy of this book to review.


View all my reviews

No comments: