Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Five Times I Met MyselfThe Five Times I Met Myself by James L. Rubart

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The Five Times I Met Myself was different from most of the books I've been reading lately. It is good for me to step out of my comfort zone and read something different and this certainly was different but in a good way. The main character Brock has some difficulties in his life. The coffee business that he is in partnership with his brother is about to go under. Also his wife is feeling neglected in the marriage and wants some time away from him. Brock has these dreams which he calls lucid dreams. He is able to visit his younger self in these dreams and advise the course of action that his younger self should take to affect the future. Each time he awakes from these dream he finds that things have change and not even in a good way. Sometimes the changes are disastrous.

What I like about this novel is that it kept me guessing. Was he really dreaming? Did he really change the future? Was he dreaming that he was dreaming? Was everything a dream? I kept asking myself these questions and so kept turning the pages to find out. I won't tell you what happened. I don't want to spoil it for you. You really must read this novel. You won't regret the time spent reading it. One thing I can say is that you will be pleased with the outcome.




View all my reviews

No comments: