Saturday, September 24, 2016

Best Day EverBest Day Ever by Jenn Faulk

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This book is a little different from her other works. The story is told in first person by Chloe Thibideaux. Chloe is 21 and has flunked out of college. She has been around the block several times. Very promiscuous. She does not play her bills and depends on her rich parents to bail her out. Her folks have had a enough so they take away her credit cards and car and tells her she is on her own. It is only at the mercy of her sister-in-law that she has a place to stay. If it were up to her brother she would be out on the street. Until 40 percent of the book she was a spoiled brat until she met someone and it wasn't a man. It was the Lord Jesus and she starts turning her life around. She finds out that she is worth something and goes to school to learn a skill that she is good at and enjoys. Oh, there is a man in the picture and it is an unlikely match but they do click. It bothered me at first about the age difference. He was 14 years older than her but they seemed to have chemistry.

Jenn Faulk wrote a story that I could not put down. She wrote a story with likeable characters and the story made me laugh at times, particularly the scene where Chloe is doing a pedicure on her brother's toenails and decided to paint them. Her brother's reaction was hilarious. I loved it that the family stood by her and cheered her on when a disagreeable woman tried to put her down and make Chloe think she was still trash.

I'm hoping to read several more of Jenn Faulk's works. I've already read three and have another one on my kindle.





View all my reviews

No comments: