Saturday, December 23, 2017

The View from Rainshadow Bay by Colleen Coble

The View from Rainshadow Bay is the first book in the Lavender Fields series. You can count on a Colleen Coble romantic suspense novel to grab you from the get go and this one did not disappoint. In the first few chapters there are several murders. I had to keep turning the pages to see who was responsible.

Shauna McDade is a widow raising a five-year old son. She blames Nate Bannister for the death of her husband but she must learn to trust Nate in order to keep her and her precious son safe. Someone has already murdered a few people in their community and she could very well be the next target.

This book kept me guessing. I think I may have read every single novel that Collen Coble has written and I have been able to figure out who the villain was in many of her books but this one had me stumped. I never did figure out who it was until the characters figured it out. Maybe I re-read this book and see if I missed any clues!  There is a mystery that was not resolved in this book and I suspect it will be resolved in a sequel. I look forward to reading the rest of the books in this series.

Thanks to Netgalley and Thomas Nelson for providing me a digital copy of this book to read and review. The View from Rainshadow Bay is due to be released on January 23, 2018.

No comments: