Saturday, August 26, 2017

The Engagement Plot by Krista Phillips

Those of you who enjoy tv programs such as the Bachelor and the Bachelorette will enjoy this story. In this story the program is called "The Price of Love". I'm not really a fan of programs where you watch people being slutty but when I read what this story was about I decided it would be an interesting read. Hanna is not your typical sexpot gal who goes on these shows. She is a devout Christian who wants to save herself for marriage. She is not one of these gals who is going to go into the fantasy suite and let the bachelor have his way with her knowing that he could possibly chose somebody else to marry. Because of the standards she has set she gets the nickname Holy Hanna. In the end the bachelor in this story choses her but that is just the beginning of the story. Really the beginning of the story is that they are already broken up because some off color remark that lead millions of people to believe that he and Hanna did the deed. Her reputation was ruined. She lost her job and her reputation was the fodder for tabloids. I loved it that she was concerned what this did to her Christian witness. I was really irritated with William, the hero of this story for destroying her like this. It was going to have to take a lot for me to start to like this character but in the end her won me over when I realized that he truly did love her. 

This book had its funny moments. Thanks to Netgalley and the publisher for allowing me to read and review a digital copy of this book. This book is due to be released on November 1, 2017.

No comments: