Thursday, June 2, 2016

A Daughter's Dream (The Charmed Amish Life #2)A Daughter's Dream by Shelley Shepard Gray

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I must admit that I usually don't read Amish fiction very much but I do enjoy and have read every Amish fiction book that Shelly Shepard Gray has written. I love the way she writes her characters. This book is the second in The Charmed Amish Life series. This book focuses on Rebecca Kinsinger. Rebecca has always wanted to be a teacher so given an opportunity to sub for a close friend she does. Problem is that she is not very good at it and doesn't even enjoy it all that much. While subbing she meets Lily Yoder and Lily's uncle Jacob. She becomes friends with Jacob and he is pretty much in the same boat as her. He recently moved to Charm to help his grandparents raise the orphaned Lily. He is farming with his parents but he is not good at farming nor does he enjoy it either.

There are a couple of other side stories that was started in this book that I am looking forward to seeing completed in the next book like what happened to Levi Kinsinger? Why did he leave and will he return in the last book? Will the Kinsinger siblings Rebecca and Luke allow Simon to court their sister Amelia. The answers to these questions will be answered in the next book due to be released int he Fall 2016.




View all my reviews

No comments: