Monday, June 20, 2016

Bridge to Haven by Varina Denman

We first meet Lynda Turner in book 3 of the Mended Hearts series. This story focuses on Lynda and Clyde Felten. I loved the character of Clyde when he was first introduced in the second book. Clyde got introduced to Christ while in prison serving a sentence for statuary rape. Clyde lived his Christian faith but he was human and sometimes let the evil Neil Blaylock stir him to anger. I felt it harder to like Lynda. Didn't really like her in the first two books. She was burned by the church and was very bitter against the church who believed the worst of her. She was unwilling to forgive the people who hurt her. Still bitter against God in the third book but Clyde had a wonderful influence on her and bitterness slowly melted away.

There was a mystery in the book that kept me turning pages. At the beginning of the book some bones were found. I had my theory as to who the bones belonged too and I kept reading wanting to know if my theory was right.

A lot of the reviewers are saying that you don't have to read the previous books to understand what is going on but I highly recommend that you do read the previous novels. Reading the previous novels were give you a better understanding of the characters and a better grip on the background of characters. This is particularly true of the character Neil Blaylock who plays an important role in all three of the books.

Thanks to Netgalley David Cook publishing for providing me a digital copy of this book to review. This book was released on June 1,2016. I plan on reading future works this author may produce.

No comments: