Friday, September 7, 2018

A Simple Singing by Leslie Gould

A Simple Singing by Leslie Gould is second in the Sisters of Lancaster County series. After the first book I thought the next book would be about the youngest sister going off to nursing school but this book was about Marie who I did not really like in the first book. She was sanctimonious and self-righteous toward others most particularly her older sister who lived among the Englishers for a few years. I really didn't care for her at the beginning of this story either but as the story progresses she begins to change and I like her more. Her heart changed.

This book covered two timelines. Marie's story is in the present and an ancestor of hers Annie is in the Civil War times around the year 1863. Annie is sent to care for an ailing sister-in-law.

I loved both stories but think I enjoyed Annie's story best. She begins to see that God has called her to be a nurse and maybe not the wife of the Amish man she was courting.

Both women learned to listen to God's calling rather than what they thought was expected to do by the community.

Thanks to Netgalley and Bethany House for providing me a digital copy of this book to read and review. This book was released on July 31, 2018. I look forward to reading the rest of the series.

No comments: