Friday, July 20, 2018

When We Were Young by Karen Kingsbury

This book shows what can happen to a happily married couple when one of the partners get too obsessed with social media. It shows what happens when you neglect the relationship. Noah got wrapped up with his social media accounts and neglected Emily. Emily didn't handle it well either. At the beginning I didn't like Noah very well. He was willing to walk out on his family. I didn't like the way he treated his wife. Emily finally gave up her pride and confided in her good friend Kari Baxter Taylor. Kari and her husband prayed for a miracle for this family.  What if a the husband or wife could reflect back and remember why they fell in love? What if somehow one of them could get a glimpse of the future and the consequences to their young family because of their leaving? 

Of all the many books Karen Kingsbury has written and she has written a lot this one has got to be my favorite. I really do think this would make a good made-for-television movie. 

Thanks to Netgalley and Howard Books for providing me a digital copy of this book to read, The opinions are entirely my own and I was not compensated for this review.

No comments: