Wednesday, January 10, 2018

If I Live by Terri Blackstock

If I Live is book 3 in the If I Run Series. If you have not read the first two I would advise you to read those before reading this one. It will add to your enjoyment of this book as you get to know the characters thoroughly. This story is told in the first person from the viewpoint of three characters. There is Casey Cox who is on the run from being accused of a murder she did not commit. There is Dylan Roberts, the man hired by the family of Brent Pace to find Casey. After getting to know Casey he is one of the few people who believe in her innocence. He has also fallen in love with her. The third character is the dirty cop Keegan. He is one evil character. He is a sociopath and does not think twice about killing anyone who gets in his way. He's a rather cocky fellow who thinks he is smarter than anyone alive. He does not think Casey and Dylan can outsmart him. I had an image in my mind of what Keegan looked like and I kept seeing him look like that man who escaped from prison a couple of years ago and evaded the police for a while.

In this book and in the entire series you start out knowing who the main villains were. What you don't know is that they corruption goes beyond just these two cops. Casey and Dylan do not know who to trust. I will say no more because I don't want to reveal too much so to spoil the plot for you. What I can say is that Casey comes to a saving faith in the Lord and knows no matter what she can trust what the Lord has in store for her. Dylan gets closer to the Lord also.

This story kept me in suspense. It was hard to put down. Terri Blackstock is one of my favorite suspense writers and I look forward to reading her books in the future. 

Thanks to Netgalley and Zondervan for providing me a digital copy to read and review. This book will be released on March 6, 2018.

No comments: