Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Hearts Entwined: A Historical Romance Novella CollectionHearts Entwined: A Historical Romance Novella Collection by Karen Witemeyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Hearts Entwined is a collection of four novellas. I enjoyed some better than others. My review of the four as follows:
The Love Knot by Karen Witemeyer - I loved returning to the Women's Colony Harper Station and catch up on some of my favorite characters. We met Claire in a previous book. She barely escaped being a mail order bride to the horrible Mr. Fisher. We find out in this book why the spunky Claire let the town she was raised in. We learn about her background and the man she was interested in. He comes to the town with a surprise package and a vow to win her love back.

The Tangled Ties that Bind by Mary Connealy - I haven't read any of the Kincaid books so I was a little lost on who was who. The main female character got on my nerves. I loved the male lead. It was a tangled web that they were sort of cousins but not by blood or anything. I think I would have enjoyed the novel better had I read any of the other books in the Kincaid series.

Bound and Determined by Regina Jennings - The book was quite humerous in parts. I felt the romance between the two main characters could have been developed a little better. I think this book would have worked better in a full length novel instead of a novella. Not enough time to develop plot and the characters.

Tied and True by Melissa Jagears - This one was my favorite of the four. It was just different. Usually it is a poor girl who falls in love with a rich boy but this one was the opposite. I think the plot moved smoothly and the characters were well developed. In this book from the first page we learn that Marianne is head over heels in love with Calvin. Problem is that Calvin thinks that it would never work out between the two of them because of her wealth and station in life. She would do anything to prove to him that monetary things do not matter to her.


View all my reviews

1 comment:

Melissa Jagears said...

Hey Kay! Thank you for the review! I saw it on Amazon and I thought you reviewed wonderfully (Not even because my story was your fave, it was a good review :) I can't find any way to contact you, but I have 6 more days to gather up influencers for the book that comes after it that comes out in March. I'm always looking for people that write good reviews. If you'd like to get more info, email me at mjagears@gmail.com before January 30th.