Wednesday, September 27, 2017

More Than Making It by Erin Odom

I have been following Erin Odom's blog the Humbled Homemaker on for a couple of years. She really is humble. I would love to know her in real life. I was thrilled to be able to read the ARC copy of her new book, More Thank Making It. She shares the struggles financially she and her husband had as a young couple. By writing this book she outlines what they did wrong. Buying a house at the wrong time was one thing but she shared other things too. She shares so other people won't make the same mistakes she and her husband made. She always shares some money saving tips that I already knew but I think it would be beneficial for younger people who don't know this stuff yet. She admits to being on financial assistance and was embarrassed by it. She felt she was judged by people. This got me to thinking about my attitude when I see someone pull out food stamps. I'll try not to be so judgemental of people in the future. 

I loved reading how she and her husband were able to finally get off the government assistance by hard work. I'm happy for her that her blog has been successful and has been instrumental in them getting off government assistance.

No comments: