Sunday, January 31, 2016

Brush of Wings by Karen Kingsbury

This book is third in Karen Kingsbury's Angels Walking. Mary Catherine is ill, very ill. Her doctor says she needs a new heart but she withholds this information from those she loves. Not her parents, her best friend Sami or her new love interest Marcus know how ill she is. She is bound and determined that she may go to Africa and serve as a missionary. I had a hard time liking her. I thought she was selfish to keep this information to herself. She denied her loved ones the chance to see her again and had she died while in Africa they would have never seen her again. I had a hard time believing that any airline would allow someone in her poor state of health to even book a flight.

I really loved the romance between Sami Dawson and Tyler Ames. I thought it was cute how he proposed to her.  The romance was lacking between Marcus and Mary Catherine. I just didn't see the chemistry there. There are a couple of other things that happened in the plotline that was hard to believe but to go into that would give too much away and I don't want to spoil it for the reader.  Thanks to Netgalley and Howard Books for providing me a E-copy of this book to review. This book is due to be released on March 29, 2016.

No comments: