Monday, August 17, 2015

Rodeo Rescuer by Lynette Eason

Usually I find that plots of Love Inspired Suspense novels are not well developed and the characters are not either. Not so with this book.  The storyline grabs you from the first chapter. You never have a chance to get bored. You could not doze off. You would miss something. The characters have to be on their toes too. Tonya was in hiding from a stalker. She knows who the stalker is. It Hank and she only had three dates with him. He didn't take rejection too well when she said she no longer wanted to date him. He reacted by trying to kill her.  She now thinks that he has found her.  From the get go I knew Hank had found her but I also knew that he had help finding her. I had my suspicions of several people but did not know what the motive was.  I liked Tonya. She was no wallflower just waiting for someone to rescue her. She stood up for herself. Not a wimpy damsel in distress character.   I loved how she and Seth worked together to find the people who wanted to do her harm.

This book is the second novel in the Wranger's Corner series.  If you have not read the first book in the series which is "The Lawman Returns" I suggest you read it first because the bad guy in the first book is mentioned in this book. I did not realize this was a second book in a series and now I know who the villain will be in the first book which sort of spoils it for me.

Rodeo Rescuer will be released on September 1, 2015. Thanks to Netgalley and Love Inspired for allowing me to review this book.

No comments: