Monday, August 31, 2015

Love in the Details by Becky Wade

Love in the Details: A November Wedding Story  is book 12 in the Year of Wedding Stories 2. I haven't read any of the other stories but when I saw that this one by Becky Wade was available on Netgalley I jumped at the opportunity to read it. Becky Wade is one of my favorite authors. I recently started reading her works a couple of  months ago. I read the first of her Porter series books and was hooked and then after that read everything she wrote. This book is a novela so it can be read in a couple of hours. It starts off with Holly writing a "Dear John" letter to her high school sweetheart breaking off with him. She still loves him dearly but breaks off with him at the urging of his mother so he can pursue a scholarship at MIT. The rest of the book is about them reconnecting eight years later when his best man is getting married. In the eight years that have passed Josh has become filthy rich. Holly is a successful author but far from rich. In a few of Becky Wade's novels she incorporates a little bit of humor and this one is no different. Holly's elderly neighbor was quite funny and there was a incidence at a wedding with something being spilled on flower girl dresses.  I think this book would have been better had it been a full-length novel instead of a novela. It would have been better had there been some conflict but it was basically free of conflict.

Thanks to Netgalley and Zondervan for allowing me to read and review this book which is due to be released October 27, 2015.

No comments: