Monday, June 15, 2015

Among the Fair Magnolias (Four Southern Love Stories)

Among the Fair Magnolias is a collection of four novellas but the authors Tamera Alexander, Shelley Gray, Dorothy Love and Elizabeth Musser.

A Heart So True by Dorothy Love - Pretty good. I felt sorry for the character that she was being forced to marry a distant cousin by her manipulating father. Her father seemed to be more concerned about his political aspiration than the happiness of his daughter.


 To Mend a Dream by Tamera Alexander  - I enjoyed this novella. I have read Tamera's works before and she is an excellent writer and this book is no exception; however I did think the romance part of the story was a little rushed at the end. She needed more pages to develop the storyline. This story would have been better in a longer format instead of a novella. The author stated that the character was introduced in the book "To Win Her Favor" which will be.released.May 2015.  

 Love Beyond Limits by Elizabeth Musser - I did not enjoy this story at all, a complete snoozefest. I thought the character was a little self-centered. She threw herself on a man she could never have not even considering she was endangering his life.

 An Outlaw's Heart by Shelley Gray -  This was my favorite of all three.  Last year when I read "A Texan's Choice" there was a character in there that had a backstory and I wondered what happened to him. I reviewed that book and even stated that I wondered what happened to Russell and if he was even able to connect back with the woman he left behind in his hometown. In this book we find out. I was so excited.

Thanks to Netgalley and Tomas Nelson for providing me an e-copy of this book to review.
 



No comments: