Monday, February 10, 2014

Murder Simply Brewed By Vannetta Chapman

Murder Simply Brewed is the first novel in the Amish Village series.  I enjoyed her other mystery series involving the Amish and English and was looking forward to reading this one. I was a little bit disappointed.  It didn't grab my attention like the other series did and I often found my mind wondering.  I liked the romance that developed between the older couple Amber, a never before married woman and Tate, a widower with grand kids.  I thought the romance was sweet and not at all rushed.  I wish that the relationship between Amber and the Amish girl Hannah had been more developed.  I am not giving up on this series.  I am hoping I will enjoy subsequent novels in this series.  I think I probably will since in this novel we are just getting to know the characters.

Ethan, the manager of the coffee shop has been dead by Hannah.  His death has been deemed natural causes, a heart attack but as the story moves forward signs point that foul play may be involved.  Is it the man's wife, the homeless man or Ethan's crazed sister whose brain has been fried by past drug use? 

A new novel in this series is coming out later this year.  I will continue to read this series even though I did not fully enjoy this novel.

Thanks to Netgalley and Zondervan for providing me an e-copy of this book to read and review.

No comments: