Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hopeful (Return to Sugarcreek, Book 1) by Shelley Shepard Gray

Miriam was head over heels in love with Junior Bielor.  She was downright smitten with him and he knew it.  Knowing she was smitten with him did not stop him from asking a favor of her.  He wanted to date the beautiful school teacher Mary Kate who was Miriam's best friend.  I did not like Junior too much.   Miriam was not the most beautiful gal in Sugarcreek.  She was a little on the chunky side.  I thought Junior was shallow since he only saw that Mary Kate was pretty and did not look in the beginning at the deeper beauty of Miriam.  Junior was good looking and he knew it.  He was shallow, egotistical and did not want to listen to Mary Kate when she said she was not interested in dating anybody at the time.   I did admire Junior for taking care of his younger siblings after both parents died but other than that I don't think there was much to Junior.  Maybe he'll grow on me in future books but right now I'm not too fond of him. 

This was an enjoyable book to read.  It was fun to catch up on the previous residents of Sugarcreek.  Also, one of the main characters in the previous books, Judith Graber Knox has a storyline going that I think will be played out in future books.  I'm looking forward to seeing how that will take place.

No comments: