Friday, August 2, 2013

A Plain Disappearance by Amanda Flower



It is the Christmas season when the book starts out. Timothy and Chloe are at an abandoned farm when they discover the body of a young Amish girl. Timothy recognizes the girl as the girl's sister is best friends with his sister. There are several suspects in her murder. Is it Billy the mechanic, the girl's strict father or one of her boyfriends. She dated two different boys and there was an English boy who had a crush on her. Was it one of them? I was kept in suspense throughout the whole book trying to guess who it was and boy was I surprised. I didn't see that one coming.

Also in this novel we see Becky Troyer, Tim's sister and Chloe's roommate still struggling with what she wants to do. Will she return to being Amish or will she pursue being English like her brother. What complicates things is that she has feeling for Aaron who is Amish and happy being Amish. Aaron has strong feelings for her too.

I enjoyed this series so far and would love to read more in this series should the author decide to write more.

This e-book was provided for me for review compliments of B&H books and Netgalley. I am not required to provide a positive review. This is my honest review. The release date for this book is September 1, 2013.
his cozy Christian mystery is the third in the Appleseed Creek mysteries and is my favorite of the series. In this book we are revisited with all the old characters from the previous books and get introduced to some new. We finally get to meet Chloe's best friend Vanessa Green. I loved Vanessa's character. I hope that if future books are written in this series we get to see Vanessa again.

No comments: