Monday, May 10, 2021

A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham


 A Lady in Attendance by Rachel Fordham is heartwarming. I loved the relationship of Hazel and Gilbert that went from friendship to a deep and lasting love. Rachel made some bad choices in life and as a result she was sentenced to a reformatory for five years for a crime she did not commit. She came from a loving wealthy family but she was abandoned by them during that time because they did not want her to bring shame on the rest of the family for her deeds. Rachel was flighty and flirty in her younger years but she grew as a woman of strength during her time in the reformatory. She gets a job as a lady in attendance in Gilbert's dental practice. She brings a a hint of fresh air to his practice and is so good with his patients. I loved it that eventually she is comfortable enough with Gilbert to reveal her past. I loved it that he looked past her mistakes and was willing to help her prove her innocence. I loved they mystery and suspense in this book. The book had one annoying character that I disliked and that was Gilbert's brother Eddie. Eddie knew Hazel from her past and was always saying hateful things to her. I disliked Eddie but he did pay a part in solving the mystery of proving Hazel's innocence. I highly recommend this book. It did start out slow for me but quickly picked up speed for me.

Thanks for the Early Reviewer Program at Librarything for providing me a copy of this book to read and review.

No comments: