Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Loyal One (Walnut Creek Series, The Book 2)The Loyal One by Shelley Shepard Gray
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is second full length book in the Walnut Creek series. I loved reading Katie and Harley's story. Reading about Katie's secret of her hoarder mother makes me want to seriously clean out my house so I don't leave a mess to my kids to clean up. I am far from being a hoarder but do have the tendency to hold on to things longer than I should. I loved the characters in this story. At first I thought Harley's family would be standoffish but I grew to love them. I thought I would dislike the father but learned he would just a man of few words, a quiet man. There is a secondary storyline of Harley's younger brother Kyle and an English girl he has befriended. I wish that story had been resolved in this book but it will be resolved in another book. I an curious on the direction that story will take. Will she turn Amish or will Kyle jump the fence?


View all my reviews

No comments: