Wednesday, November 18, 2015

If I Run by Terri Blackstock

I have read every one of Terri Blackstock's suspense books and this is the first one I've read of hers that was told in the first person. It's told in the viewpoint of two persons. At first I didn't know whether or not I'd like reading it in first person but I quickly got into the flow and did not mind a bit. Having the story told in first person gets you into their mind. The firs person was Cassie Cox. She is on the run because her DNA is all over a murder scent. Her friend Brent was murdered and she knows she will be accused of this murder that she did not commit. Casey assumes the identity of a deceased woman who is approximately her own age. Casey is not a believer but the Lord throws people in her path who are and has an influence on Casey. The other person is Dylan Roberts a discharged military veteran suffering from PTSD. He has been hired by Brent's family to locate Casey. At first he believes Casey to be the killer but the more he studies her character doubts begin to formulate in his mind that she is a killer.

There is another mystery in the story, the story of a missing girl. This mystery is resolved but I will let you the reader know whether or not the girl is found dead or alive. Can't spoil it for you now can I?

I can tell you that if you read this book you won't be able to put it down. Gets really heavy on the suspense on the last few pages!

The only thing I did not enjoy about this book is that it left you hanging. Casey is still on the run. Hopefully, it will be resolved in the next book.

This book is due to be released on February 18, 2016. Thanks to Netgalley and Zondervan for allowing me to read and preview this book.

No comments: