Monday, January 12, 2015

Deadly Echoes by Nancy Mehl

If I could give this book ten stars I would but I can only give five. I knew from the get go it would be packed full of suspense. You can just about always count on a book by Nancy Mehl to be. She is that talented in writing suspense.

Deadly Echoes  is book 2 in the Finding Sanctuary series. Sarah Miller grew up as an orphan most of her life. Both of her parents were murdered when she was but 6 years old. Both her and her sister's lives were spared because they hid in a closet while the parents were being murdered. Her sister was the prettier one and was adopted but Sarah was never adopted. She bounced from foster home to foster home but she eventually did find peace in a little town called Sanctuary. Eventually she was re-united with her sister but then tragedy struck and Sarah was left with the care of her ten-year old niece, Cecily.

Sarah wants to find out what happened to her parents and her sister Hannah. She thinks the two are related but has no proof. She starts asking questions but she may be talking to the wrong people stirring things up putting herself and her niece in danger. Who can she trust? Is she trusting the wrong people?

One thing that I like about the book was that I could never figure out who responsible for all these murders. I did not know until nearly the end. I like an author who writes where I cannot figure out who it is. So many of the authors that I read I can usually figure it out. Not with Nancy Mehl. There were twists and turns all along the way. I can't wait until the next book in the series is released.

Thanks to Netgalley and Bethany House Publishers for providing me an ebook of Deadly Echoes to review. This book is due to be released January 27, 2015.

No comments: