Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Full Disclosure by Dee Henderson

Not a fan. I have to be honest and say that I have never read any of her books. I have always heard that she is a good suspense author. I love authors like Terri Blackstock, Brandilyn Collins, Lynette Eason and Colleen Coble, These authors keep me up turning pages until I fall asleep. I had heard so much about this author that I was expecting the same. The suspense was lagging. I think I would have appreciated this book more if I had read her earlier works particularly the O'Malley novels. I get to that reason later.

I found the romance part of the story was lacking and it was a big part of the book. FBI agent Paul Falcon was attracted to Ann Silver from the get go when she dropped into his office and dropped some vital information on a case he was working on. Ann Silver worked in law enforcement as a part time sheriff and also a MHI. She is close to 40 years old and very private. Unlike the typical woman she had no desire to marry or even have kids. She was happy to remain single the rest of her life. The author spent way too much time at the beginning of the book of Paul asking all her friends about her. By the time the romance started he knew just about everything about her except her secrets and she had some big ones. You will have to read the book to discover what the secrets are but the secrets are revealed in the middle of the book. Anyway the case involves a serial shooter but the shooter is female.

As I said Ann is content to be by herself but she has a life away from the crime too. She writes a series of novels called the O'Malley series and the series are based on the lives of people she has met and some of Paul's friends and relatives are featured in these books. This is the reason why I thought reading the O'Malley series would add to my enjoyment of this book. Not sure if I am going to go back and read those novels if those novels move as slowing as this one.

Just because I did not enjoy this book don't let it influence you. If you love Dee Henderson I am sure you will love this one. It just was not for me.

I received an Advance Reading Copy compliments of Bethany House Publishers and the Early Reader program on Librarything.com.
This book is due to be released on October 2, 2012.

2 comments:

Diane Estrella said...

This looks like an interesting book. Thanks for your thoughts and the review. Have a great week! :O)

www.dianeestrella.com

Rina said...

I'm a new follower coming from the Christian Fiction Devourers goodreads group. Keep posting reviews! You're off to a great start! And join some memes (such as Book Blogger Hop, Top Ten Tuesday, etc.) those are great ways for an easy post and a great way to get more followers and find new blogs to follow!